SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillagirl_gw

Area Rugs - Will Viscose rug last?

fillagirl
11 years ago

Hi, I am in the midst of redecorating my LR & DR. My ID suggested that I find an area rug I like and we'll work from there.

Well, I live in a very small city and found one at HomeSense. However, it's not wool, it's made of viscose. My ID has suggested that a carpet made of viscose may not last like a wool one, so it's perhaps not the best idea to decorate around a rug that may not last too long. I will be purchasing new sofa, chairs, drapes and the rug is the starting point.

SO....anyone have any experience with viscose area carpets? Secondly, if buying an area rug on-line, does anyone have good suggestions for sources (I'm in Canada, so they have to ship to Canada). My concern is that I think you need to see the carpet in person and lay the carpet in the space to get a good idea of how it will go, and I worry about picking it on-line and then having to return it, and going thru that a few times.

Would love to hear your opinions & experience, thank you so much, everyone is so helpful on this forum.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County