SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amhers104_gw

Any ideas for a 1 inch back splash under very low kitchen window?

amhers104
11 years ago

Ok, so the builder of this house 13 years ago did very strange things and now I am stuck. There is only about a 1" space between counter top and frame of kitchen window. I am posting a pic of old kitchen we are in the middle of renovating so you can see what i mean. We have never had a backsplash with our formica so it was constant filling of grout which ended up looking terrible. I'll also post where we are with the current renovation. They are coming tomorrow to do the granite template. I chose Verde Peacock. I still have no idea what to do for a backsplash with this ridiculous 1 inch space. Need something because that is where the water ends up splattering from the sink. I don't even know if they can fabricate the granite for a 1 inch strip. Even if they can, then what .. have it go up to a 3 or 4 inch BS.

I did go to a tile store and they said that it would be extremely difficult to do a tile splash there because there just isn't enough space. I have had such great advice from this site, I figured instead of googling all night for ideas, I'd post the question to you guys. Any one have any suggestions for me so I have some ideas of what could work before the granite guy gets here tomorrow. sorry for hte last minute posts, but on top of redoing the kitchen i had a son who had back surgery 2 weeks ago. Just dropped him off at UNH for the start of his freshman year of college. Getting ready to bring my other son to school at the end of this week. I am a teacher so also trying to get my classroom ready to go back to school next week:( Life is crazy, as I'm sure it is for so many of you. I love this site!! So helpful to me- a real rookie in kitchen designing:)

Comments (17)