SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annkh_nd

Partial reveal - I can't wait for counters (lots of photos)

annkh_nd
10 years ago

Electricians were here yesterday, so now I'm just waiting on my Cambria countertops. I have been putting things away, and starting to adjust to having the fridge in the kitchen instead of the living room!

I'm so anxious to share my kitchen with all of you, I can't wait until the counters are in. I think I've posted some f these before - forgive me for repeating myself.

Action shot - Jeff and Matt adjusting doors and installing hardware. This shot shows the two mistakes the shop made - the lazy susan that was supposed to be a super susan, and the drawers on each side of the range. The bottom two drawers on each side are the same height; the bottom drawer was supposed to be taller. Both issues were fixed. Oh, and there's a built-in cutting board to the left of the range:

Flooring is done! It's Congoleum Duraceramic.

Pantry cabinet facing the dining room. The right side is 12" deep; the left side is 20" deep. I moved the fridge 8" to the left to give myself more counter/cabinet space between fridge and sink.

Here's the panty from the living room, obviously still in progress:

I used to have a desk in this location; now I've incorporated desk functions into the pantry wall, with file drawers, and small drawers for pens, envelopes, scissors, etc.

I also designated a spot for my purses:

One of my favorite features - pullouts above the fridge:

After the drawer size issue was resolved, I could put away my flour, sugar, etc:
{{gwi:1929280}}

My kitchen is only 10' wide, so I put in a 30" sink base, to maximize use of the space around it. I squeezed in a cookie sheet/cutting board cabinet to the left of the sink:

I am not doing a tile backsplash (at least not right away), so I stenciled instead.

I practiced stenciling on the wall behind the pantry, then practiced some more behind the fridge. I like the way it peeks out in this corner:

Thanks to GW for introducing me to Lee Valley dividers! I made these yesterday:

Lazy susan became a super susan! I'm putting a knife drawer above it.

Love my undercabinet lighting:

Built-in spice rack to the left of the range:

Comments (32)