SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Dr.'d Up My Curtains Today

ttodd
14 years ago

I've been trying to pinpoint exactly what it is about the way my current LR is and why I'm just not totally in love w/ it the way I was when it was green.

I think I've come a step closer to figuring it out: Fabric and trimmings.

When the LR was green I'd had a few different types of curtains hanging up and there is only one pair that made me LOVE the room: The green ones w/ the black and cream toile pattern and black and green fringe. The other 2 pairs were just plain ones.

So yesterday I thought pom=poms. Yep - that's what my $19.99 dollar pair of IKEA curtains needed. I love pom-poms! And I love the way these curtains from IKEA filter the light and are sort of a 'rusticy' linen like look so I figured what the heck.

I ran down to the fabric outlet and picked up 12yds of cream pom-pom fringe for $7 and this morning ran to Joannes to get straight pins to break out my sewing machine. While I was there I thought that maybe I should really wait for my mom to show me how to use the machine but I was too impatient to wait so I bought fabric glue and glues the pom-poms on while the kids ate lunch today.

Here are the results - it's just a little change but it's a big difference in what the rooms over-all look will be:

Before:

After:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)