SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
repaintingagain_gw

I chose my counters! Black Pearl Antique!!!!!!!!!

repaintingagain
14 years ago

I am doing a dance, singing for joy, jumping up and down! I found my counters. Started in April, now July. enough said. I have gone around and around with soapstone, granite, dark colors, light colors, quartz....my family is ready to disown me.

And then (start the strings)....I saw my future counter. Dressed in black, but with undertones of fantastic green and brown. Smooth antique finish that gives me the shivers. Not too blue, not too black - just right - the perfect mixture of black, brown and green. (start the trumpets)

The pictures I took of the slab will not do it justice. It will just look like a black stone. But I will post the closest I can find from online of what it looks like. (drum roll)

And I almost couldn't use it! They only had one slab left of the lot that had the smooth, lush antique finish with the right undertones for my kitchen. The other lot they had was too blue for me, and quite bumpy. I found this granite on Friday, but was not be able to call my fabricator until Monday (today) to see if by chance they had a partial slab of the same lot left from a drop they had in March. (start Jaws theme for tension)

The granite distributor said it was worth a try, but unlikely. "Call your fabricator on Monday to see if they have any of the last drop left for your job."

Saturday - waiting for Monday

Sunday - still waiting for Monday

Monday

7:59am - phone call to fabricator. no answer. too early

8:00am - phone call to fabricator. answer. will check to see

2:30pm - dying here. email to fabricator. any news?

2:40pm - yes!!! (stop jaws music, start Rocky theme)

3:40pm - arrive at fabricator to double check that it is indeed the same lot

4:00 - on cloud 9, bought a new toy for daughter just because

11:53pm - sharing news with GW. Still too excited to sleep.

(end Rocky, start lullaby to help me sleep)

Thanks for all of your help with pictures, thoughts, comments and experiences with your counter materials. I can not wait to share once we get this installed....maybe a month or so away.

(end lullaby, start white noise to really help me sleep)

Comments (8)