SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawaps_gw

Design Around This #22: Background for Beach Houses

cawaps
10 years ago

We used to have a recurring thread around here called Design Around This, where we would propose a design theme, and folks on the board would come up with a kitchen design (either in the form of an organized mood board or just a collection of pics of various kitchen elements) in keeping with the themes.

We are reviving the threads with the theme of "Beach House." This thread is just to introduce the topic so that folks can discuss and share inspiration pics, and get started on designs. In about a week I will post a new thread for folks to post their designs. Splitting up the threads gives people time to work on designs before the topic goes "live."

If you weren't around for the earlier Design Around This threads, please check out About the Design Around This threads. It has information on how to construct a design board, and also has a list of all the past topics we did, so you can see what it is all about.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. A lot of people seem to have the impression that you have to be "talented" to do this, but most of us had never done this before attempting it on one of these threads (even if you don't do a design, we'd love to hear your comments). The how-to thread helps with technique, a little bit of reading and research helps with the topic, and learning by doing is the rest of it. When I started with these threads, I didn't even know how to post pics, but the threads were great for forcing me to climb the learning curve on pics, HTML, etc., and ultimately made me a more active participant in the boards, since I was able to give visual design feedback.

As I said, the the theme of the next thread will be beach houses. There's a lot of flexibility there--your house could be anywhere from Nantucket to Florida to Santa Cruz to Hawaii (or anywhere else in the world, for that matter). The home can be modest to magnificent, vintage to modern. Here are a few examples I found. I tried to choose pics that represented a range of designs, but at the same time were "beachy" enough that they didn't look like they could be in just any kitchen. I probably let my my biases come through (white, aqua, rustic, shiplap), so chime in with your own opinions and pics of what says "beach house" to you.

Traditional Kitchen by Howard Lake Cabinets & Cabinetry Dura Supreme Cabinetry

Traditional Kitchen by Savannah Interior Designers & Decorators Joel Snayd

Tropical Kitchen by Denver Photographers Brenda Olde

Eclectic Kitchen by Rehoboth Beach Home Builders Echelon Custom Homes

Eclectic Kitchen

Traditional Kitchen by Howard Lake Cabinets & Cabinetry Dura Supreme Cabinetry

Contemporary Kitchen by Berkeley Architects & Designers WA design

Traditional Kitchen by Brisbane Kitchen & Bath Designers Interiors By Darren James

Contemporary Kitchen by Seattle Architects & Designers Rhodes Architecture + Light

Eclectic Kitchen by Santa Barbara Architects & Designers Simmons and Company

Contemporary Kitchen by Los Altos Interior Designers & Decorators Viscusi Elson Interior Design - Gina Viscusi Elson

Coastal Living

Coastal Living

Coastal Living

Coastal Living

Coastal Living

Moontide Rentals

Hughes Architects

Comments (23)