SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Problem with venting Wolf Hood - PW482418R. Help!

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

Hi all,

Just grabbing a moment to post - I have been reading all your well wishes in the other thread and will respond too. Really appreciate it so much. : )

As many of you know the flip side of this happy time has been a major issue with our (now ex) GC. It has turned even nastier since I last posted about it - all from his side might I add.

We are trying to extricate ourselves from the situation but the stress and expense are just awful (for example a week to respond to a legal letter threatening liens and litigation over the July 4th holiday and due date for the birth of our child. The guy is a real gem).

Still we are plowing forward as best we can and at least trying to get some semblance of a kitchen in place as it would make life with our little one so much easier.

I will say that while we are exhausted she has brought great joy that more than eclipses the nonsense with ahole GC - but he is doing his very best to make this time as stressful as possible. We are trying not to let him make us miserable and thereby let him win.

Anyway our current challenge is that none of the appliance specs were followed so we have cabinets in place with no prep for appliances.

The biggest problem is the hood which was not framed and vented at all.

The hood we bought was a floor model so we we t ahead and had it delivered so we could see exactly what needed to be done and it looks like it is designed to be vented through the top.

As this wasn't prepared for, we now can't do it like that without causing major damage to the kitchen and master bedroom above. We really need it to vent out the back. A call today to the appliance store has given us some hope that the venting can be moved to the back, but he didn't sound sure.

I know for sure that we vented a 36" low profile Wolf hood through the back, but don't remember what the situation was with the last 48" we had as the GC took care of all of that stuff and the ceilings in that kitchen were 10ft compared to our current 8ft ceiling height which doesn't give the room to go up and elbow out.

Anyone else come across this issue? If the vent only goes through the top, we have a major, major problem.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments (5)