SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inlauren

Your help + one lightbulb moment = new layout to critique

inlauren
14 years ago

For those of you who followed my previous thread, I have spent a lot of time playing with the ideas you gave me. Then last night it hit me - I knew how to get rid of one door in my kitchen. This allows for a better kitchen layout without changing the size of the room, allows me to keep my very important mud / laundry room intact, and still allows fairly easy access to our porch/patio area.

Here is our house floor plan that shows the door we would remove and the new location for it.

{{!gwi}}

The best part it that it shouldn't be too cost prohibitive b/c there was a door in that very spot at one time. There is already a header cut to the size of the door in that wall. (There is a strange looking window in there right now that doesn't fit w the rest of the house.) We will have to change the door on the half bath to a pocket door, so the two doors don't interfere, but that's something we were planning to do anyway.

Here are my ideas...

{{!gwi}}

OR

{{!gwi}}

These plans don't have as much charm or as much light as some of the ideas you gave me but I feel they would fit our needs quite well. Please give me your feedback. TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: former thread

Comments (33)