SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaksopcam_gw

Does This Look Right?

jaksopcam
14 years ago

My cabinets are being installed and I'm not happy with certain items. Of course, I noticed these items after the guys had left for the day. I called the guy that sold me the cabinets (Medallion) and he will be coming out tomorrow but after a quick conversation it sounded like some of the things is just how Medallion does it and the others are my installers.

Here are some photos: The first one is the flat toe kick molding which just ends with the cut side showing. No other molding seems to come standard to finish it off. The kitchen guy suggested using the touch up paint.

The second is really a question. Right now the cabinets are not perfectly flush with the wall. I know that no walls are perfectly straight but the guy installing them said there are probably corner finish moldings. I don't think so and from the pictures I've looked through here on GW it seems most just have their cabinets flush against the wall. Does this look typical or is this guy doing a sloppy job and assuming corner moldings will cover his mistakes?

Lastly (at least for now), on the island there are decorative floor molding pieces only for the outside 2 sides of the island. The side facing the sink and underneath the base cabinet are flat toe kicks. That's fine but the way they have put the two together looks terrible. The toe kick is flat and the molding is curved and they just stuck them together. Some of it will be covered a bit by the granite as I plan to have it overhang for stools.

Am I expecting too much? I just feel like I paid alot of money for these cabinets and 1)I'm annoyed that Medallion doesn't provide some of this stuff like molding for all the way around the island and something to finish off the ends of the cabinets. I paid extra for the decorative ends but I guess that doesn't include the toe kick?? and 2)I feel like the guys doing the installation (they are part of the crew doing a large main floor addition/renovation) are not careful and sloppy with their work. I'd love to hear your opinions.

Comments (10)