SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maineadventure

Help with a sink base cabinet and apron sink

maineadventure
12 years ago

Hi there,

We purchased an American Woodmark 30" sink base for an apron front sink. It says that the minimum dimensions for a sink are 23 3/4" and the max are 27 15/16". We will have the garbage cabinet on one side of the sink and the dishwasher on the other side of the sink.

Here's the question: most of the apron front sinks come in a 231/2 inch size or a 30" size (or just a bit bigger than that almost 28" measurement)....so, other than Alfi that makes a 26" sink (with a 25" measurement) and Rohl (which makes24") and Ikea (which also makes a 25") - any other options? Oh, and I think that Kohler makes a 25" as well...

I'm a bit confused that a cabinet manufacturer would make an apron front sink base and then not have it fit any "standard" sink sizes. So I'm wondering if I'm totally missing something here?

The cost of the Kohler is prohibitive, the Rohl is on the spendy side and the design elements of the Alfi and the Ikea are less than desirable (don't want a lip, just a smooth straight sink). I'd love any thoughts, ideas or advice anyone might have.

Thanks!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert