SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gowelch_gw

My frustration with Medallion Cabinet Co.

gowelch
15 years ago

I just want to share my story here. I ordered 41 boxes of cabinets from Medallion back in January of 2008.

The cabinets came in late March of 2008. The kitchen general contractor installed all the cabinets in early April, then couple of the doors were damaged. We also had an issue with couple of the pull out trays.

The rep from Medallion came to my house in mid April, and agreed that the doors had to be replaced. He also agreed to replce couple of the pull-out trays.

I contacted the rep in early June to find out the status of my replacements parts. Then, he said he would order them ASAP. Another few weeks went by, I didn't hear from him.

I called and put pressure on him to get he parts ASAP.

Then, he said the parts will be delivered to my house between 7/17-7/24. Well, parts didn't come. I emailed the rep, he didn't reply. I got my kitchen designer involved, and the rep told her the parts will be here 8/1.

Well, I got very frustrated because we still don't have the handles installed, no toekick and no under cabinet trim installed yet since 4/10. I have soft close on all the drawers, and it is very difficult to open them w/o the handles.

The contractor only wants to come back one more time to get everything done, so he is waiting for the parts to arrive.

I asked for the name of the regional manager's and phone number. The Medallion rep told me that someone frmo Medallion will contact me in 48 hours, and it didn't happen.

Anyway, I finally got a call today. The manager told me that the parts have not left the factory (even though the rep told me the parts would be here tomorrow), and won't be ready to be shipped until 8/2, and we should them on 8/5. The trays are not ready, and he has no idea if we could get them replaced. The manager claimed that we passed 90 days, so it is a warranty issue. It takes time to work thing out. It is just bunch of BS in my mind.

My experience with Medallion has been just awful. I would not buy any more cabinets from them. There is no reason for me to wait 3 1/2 months to get the replacement parts (if they are here on 8/5). My original order only took 8 weeks. Medallion's customer service is terrible. They don't follow up, and they don't return emails.

I am hoping I will get my replacement doors on Monday.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville