SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

How did you choose your master bedroom furniture?

jenswrens
13 years ago

I've been on the hunt for a new bed, a "grown-up" bed, for the master bedroom. When we go to open houses, no one's MBR looks like ours. They're all so grown-up and substantial. (I'm afraid I may still be living in the airy dreamy room of a teenage girl.) I like a lot of different things, different styles, and I cannot bring myself to choose. Some days I like the rustic country look, other days I like the French or Tuscan look, others I want a dark victorian look.

I've been reading a book called "How to work with an interior designer" and in it the author states that fear keeps us from making decisions, and that just because we make a big purchase right now, it doesn't mean we can't change our mind later. So just go ahead and do it. That's a really hard concept for me to embrace. If I were rich enough, well, maybe... but I'm not. I want to buy something I'll like forever, or at least for a good decade. But when my tastes change from minute to minute, well, how can I do that?

How did you choose your bedroom furniture? Do you still like it? What style do you have? Did you just know? Or were you impulsive? Or what? Pics would be nice too if you care to share! :-)

This is one of my inspiration pics, but DH thinks it's too fru-fru. I have others too.

Here is my current master bedroom. I just don't know where to go from here.

Comments (6)