SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shine_2009

Anyone with large antique flower oil painting in Living room?

shine_2009
13 years ago

I know that you rarely see this type of art in living rooms anymore. I have a replica about 30x36 in my living room. I had gotten tired of the gold frame, and painted the outside frame in black, but left the inside one in gold. Although my style is eclectic, and I love antiques, I am really tired of it, would and looove to change it. Unfortunately this is something that my husband loves, and although he lets me do mostly anything I want to do in the house, this is something that he wouldnôt t want me to change. I have to be fair and just leave it alone, but was thinking about painting the frame to silver to give it a more modern update or a different look (donôt know if you can actually call it a modern update) I have seen small ones done by designers, but not big ones.

Here are the questions? 1) Do any of you have this type of art in your living room? if you do, is it by itself, or is it part of a grouping like i have? (I have two smaller art prints) and last, would like to know your thoughts on painting it to silver. The colors in my living rooms are, light celery green walls, beige and darker beige sofa,and loveseat, two accent chairs in striped reds, green beige, and gold, beige and brown carpet. Thanks! Please help!!

Comments (5)