SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eoren1_gw

Finished: White cabs, polished carrara marble, coastal-themed

eoren1
13 years ago

We started work on this kitchen in February. Started with a 1940's kitchen - cramped, odd layout, wall between kitchen and dining room. We took the space down to the studs and got rid of the walk-in pantry to add room. Took down the wall between the kitchen and dining room to open up more and add some needed light.

As for design choices, we went with Brookhaven cabinets, polished Bianco Carrara marble and tiles from Ann Sachs. The floor is new as well - wider planked than the rest of the house but similar wood and finish so it flows well.

We've been living here for 3 months now and couldn't be happier. For those that have been scared off polished Carrara, I would say that it really is nice for a kitchen. Yes we have some scratches in it and a few etches. I thought I would care more about them than I do. I only really noticed them when I was sealing the marble. Otherwise, we use the kitchen (along with a 2 and 4 year old) and don't think twice about it - well, except a slight phobia around pasta sauce which gets opened in the sink :)

Anyway, here are pix:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

A view from the dining room - taken before the tiles went in

{{!gwi}}

The peninsula

{{!gwi}}

A small phone/charging station

{{!gwi}}

And for those true TKOs, here is the background on my new iPhone...a photo of our countertop!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (32)

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities