SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

Warning- Kraftmaid cab doors cracking/warping!!!

So I have been trying to get this house ready for the summer, and although we are 90% done, issues keep arising! The latest is the deal with my cabinet doors/drawers. The doors have started to warp! My builder had adjusted them originally in May and they have been bending and warping ever since. So much so, that we had the regional Kraftmaid rep come out and see the shoddy paint job and cracking/warping. He was very disappointed with the result and we are working through a solution.

These are not Home Depot/Lowes Kraftmaid brand but purchased through a Kitchen Design house. Not sure if it makes a difference, but just a reminder to CAREFULLY inspect every inch of your Kraftmaid doors and drawer fronts for damage, bad wood texture or pitting, split wood and uneven paint. They will replace any unsatisfactory pieces at no charge. We've replaced at least 9 pieces so far and at least 7 more need to go. I may be looking at a completely different door front at this point. So disappointing. And just when I cleaned up and filled them!

On a positive note though, I am in love with my appliances and Carrara counters! And since we've been using the kitchen in it's current state, I have been a little neurotic about the counters. But I promised my family that once the kitchen is officially "done" I will stop following them around with a cloth. At that point whatever happens will be accepted as "patina" and I will not cry over spilled milk. Promise.

Comments (5)