SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

China tea cups, fairy gardens and claw foot tubs

lavender_lass
14 years ago

I may be all alone here, but I've noticed lately on various forums and in magazines that there seems to be more interest in what I call the "frou frou" stuff :)

I love tea things, like china tea cups and saucers, silver trays, little sandwich platters, and those three tiered dessert trays. I think tea is so girly-girl and I really like that.

Speaking of girly-girl, there seems to be more interest in what I call fairy gardens. I know some people do the miniature gardens, and those are very cute, but I mean the regular sized gardens full of cottage style flowers for birds, bees and butterflies. What sets them apart from other cottage gardens is the inclusion of miniature seating and fairy sized accessories. Fish tank bridges and castles work really well. I'm designing one for my nieces and a lot of people admitted while they design them "for their kids" they love them too.

Finally, I know claw foot tubs are always popular, but did you see the cover of BHG's Beautiful Baths? I love that cover, but I might not need 3 chandeliers. LOL The gal that has the bath says she and her husband have separate baths. I think this is a neat idea and was planning to do that when I remodel our farmhouse. The only reason being we have the hall bath and master bath (both fairly average sized) next to each other for plumbing reasons. I thought the master bath could be more "manly" and the hall bath could look something like the cover of that magazine. :)

Comments (14)