SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbarav_gw

I really need your help relocating appliances...or not

Barbarav
10 years ago

We've been in our home for a little over two years. There's a lot of cosmetic work that needs to be done...new floors, update kitchen, and redo/update three baths. We started downstairs because that was the easiest to me. But I wanted to live in the house a while before making any decisions about the main floor. Well, it's time! I have been cooking on a 1980 coil top cook'Ncounter range for too long.(when you turn the oven on you can also cook anything sitting on the burners without turning them on!)
OK, so far I have moved the dbl pantry (that was dividing the dining rm from the kitchen) to the side wall next to the fireplace. It opened everything up, and I love it. I added this old workbench to see how I would like having an island. It's pretty handy. The dining room became the family/TV room and that is working well, functionally and visually. I've painted the cabinets, which were a bad green with an wallpaper center. They're custom, so I can't just pull one out and put something else in, as I previously thought I could do.
After reading tons of your posts on the appliance forum, I have an almost definite list of appliances. Bosch 30 " induction cooktop, either a Bosch 800 or Electrolux wave wall oven, an LG, Samsung, or Electolux CD FD refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher (although I've never had one as quiet as the frigid afire/Electrolux that's in here now. Microwave, small and off the counter (maybe in the island or pantry). I'd also really love a steam oven, but that may be out of the budget. Sink is undecided right now until I choose the countertop material. Floors will be hardwood.
Some thoughts mulling around...flip the dishwasher and sink , and keep everything else as is...put the fridge next to the wall oven with maybe a tall cabinet in between... Leave the sink where it is and put the cooktop next to it with a downdraft exhaust..
I'm adding a photo of the room, but if a plan would be more helpful, I can Attach that, too.
I have looked at the many photos of your gorgeous kitchens, so I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with mine. Thank you in advance.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH