SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Bar/Desk Not Symmetrical- Does it bother you?? HELP!

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

For those not familiar with our plans...

Our 16x12 dining area is attached to our kitchen & will have 16' of wall that we are doing an 8' banquette bench in the center surrounded by 4' each of built-ins.

I'm having trouble getting the function of what I want with keeping the design symmetrical.

Does this bother you?

The LEFT SIDE will be my Organizational/Desk area so the kitchen counter doesn't have to continue to have small piles of magazines, school papers, bills, invitations, etc.. on it. Also, my laptop and phone charging, etc...

The doors are so I can close my mess off from guests and even myself when I don't want the clutter. (I hate clutter but if there's not a spot for things it's hard to avoid!)

The RIGHT SIDE is a bar area (no sink) for barware, liquor, ice bucket, linens in drawer, beverage fridge, etc. I like having a countertop there so we can even put food on it or pitchers of drinks during mealtime.

Anyway, the only thing that bothers me is that the sides are not symmetrical. Does that bother you? Any suggestions? It would be ideal if both sides were the same and I could even put my china and other serving pieces in the 2nd side... however, I need an organizational spot and can't find a place for it!

HELP!

Here is our first floor and other plans:

Some of the measurements here have changed but just for an idea...

Thanks so much- framing has started and I know it's time to firm up these decisions!

Comments (25)