SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Mirage Lock- anyone have this floating floor?

15 years ago

Due to the prices I have been getting for installing an engineered wood floor, I have been looking at the Mirage Lock since it is an easy installation without glue over a moisture pad on my concrete floor and the installation prices are much less. Does anyone have this floor that comes in Maple or Oak only? Does it feel like a floating floor even with a thick moisture pad?

Any pictures and if not, what species and stain if any and finish (cashmere or semi-gloss did you choose)?

I had made up my mind on my floor until I was told a floor made to float would be better for my needs. I have still not ruled out the BR-111 Brazilian Cherry Triangulo Floors.

I do love the Mirage Lock's 4-5/16th width plank that seem to be modern without being too wide for my townhouse. I like the sawn layer of wood on top that looks like a solid wood floor, I like the tight micro-bevels, and I like the Nanolinx finish on top that makes the floor more scratch resistant.

What I do not like is that the real wood on top is only 2mm instead of 3mm so it can't be re-sanded but the planks can be removed and replaced with a new plank since they lock in without glue but I am not sure how difficult that would be to do. I also wish the floor came in Brazilian Cherry. But I do like the Maple Auburn and amazingly their high quality sawn face natural red oak that is not grainy looking and really nice.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus