SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melinrk_gw

Mixing Materials...too many?

melinrk
14 years ago

The things I know about my kitchen:

Raised panel, mitered corner cabinets in medium/dark cherry with a glaze.

Oak floors

Mostly paneled appliances.

Lots of windows.

I love the idea of mixing materials in my new kitchen, but am wondering if I'm crossing the line into overkill land. The above is what I know so far. Haven't picked granite at all, but since the cabinets are dark, we will be going lighter (not into black). We want wrought iron handles, pulls and knobs. I am totally in love with a pressed tin backsplash that I saw in a showroom (light floral motif, not solid panel) for behind my rangetop. THEN, I have been obsessing over the idea of either brick or stone (hubby likes stone idea best) for the rest of the wall behind the rangetop. No upper cabinets, but 2 big windows and a pretty slightly curved hood (dry wall with wood mouldings). I want it to look like we uncovered this fabulous wall when we started doing the kitchen. My hubby likes the idea, but does think I'm crazy and has concerns with the amount of mess I make while cooking. Then, yesterday, I thought that maybe we should do a copper sink.

Is this all way too many different things? In my head it looks stunning, but I wish I could see a picture.

Let me count the different materials:

1. Cherry cabinets

2. Lighter granite countertops

3. Pressed tin square on

4. Stone wall

5. Copper sink

6. Wrought iron handles and faucet

Oh, the only other wall space is the one with the sink, but that has some uppers, so there is not much backsplash and a little bit on the opposite wall between the ovens and corner. Should I do the stone on all the backsplash (I'm drooling at the thought) walls?

HELP!!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz