SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

I got the nod with the basic layout, now I've added details.

ontariomom
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I showed you my basic plan number 999 of our kitchen with just the major elements included. It was a plan that had evolved over a very long period of time from kind, knowledgeble feedback from this forum. For the most part, this basic plan met approval from GW. I have moved the DWs as per comments received. I have put some more details into the plan and hoped you would be willing to look again to see if your think it works now that there is more elements located, and if not what needs to be changed.

In particular, I wonder .....

a) if aisle widths are okay

b) if I could raise the clean-up run to 39 inches as I prefer that height for sinks, and it would be a bit better for the DWs. If so, how would that work at the corner?

c)if the plunking space for dirty dishes from dining room (where we will eat our dinners) is too far. If yes, how do we ensure the clean-up of table is efficient.

d) if the garbages are correctly located. We have a three bag garbage system here (waste, recycling and city compost (wet garbage).

e) if I should consider narrowing the island where the seats back to the major passage way to give some more room behind the stools.

f) if I have the island set up most efficiently. Bmorepanic drew it in for me with sink and cooktop pushed together. I wasn't sure I had seen that arrangement before, so was unsure if it would be better or not. Also, if things are tight and the island needs shrinking, I would consider going down to a 30 inch cooktop.

If you have any comments on any of my above wonderings, or any other comments, I would be very grateful to read them.

Thanks again GW for getting me this far!!!!

Carol

Below is the up to date floor plan bird's eye view (first one); a bit larger view (second one) and third one is an outdated outside wall elevation plan. The ovens, glass cabinet and window locations are what we are planning (note windows are identical in size). We can't mull them together as suggested due structural reasons (metal beam over one window).

This post was edited by OntarioMom on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 20:09

Comments (30)