SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
essdana

4.25'x8' windowless basement bathroom--I need inspiration!

essdana
12 years ago

Well, my original inspiration was Yillimuh's bathroom, I even bought the slate, niche tiles and mirror. I planned to replace Ikea sink cabinet with a pedestal sink and to replace the glass shower door with a white shower curtain (this bathroom is in a basement space that could be a bedroom or family room space in a rental property I own). Now I'm worried that this look won't translate well in my tiny space. Any thoughts on whether it does?

When you walk into the bathroom the shower is to the left and stretches 4.25 feet along the entire short wall. The shower takes up 36 inches of the 8 ft wall. The sink and the toilet is also along this 8 ft wall. Oh, and the ceiling is only 7" high.

Since this bathroom is off of what can be a bedroom, it needs good storage. Can I get away with a vanity or is a pedestal my only option?

To give you a sense of my style, the 9x9 kitchen is being renovated with Ikea Nexus brown-black cabinets, Cambria Bellingham quartz, Adura Vibe white vinyl tile and Kohler black enamel cast iron sink (placed in the corner). Please help! I'm trying to get this place rented by 12/15th!

Thanks for any ideas :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: yillimuh's stylish DIY bath is my inspiration!

Comments (2)