SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Another delay but some Pretty Tile!

plllog
14 years ago

The 3 week delay on the cabinets that was caused by the three week delay on the floor has turned into four weeks. Sigh. Whatever. I'm very happy not to be Traci stuck in a basement and count my blessings. But I finally found tile for the laundry room!!

I'm impressed with the tile salesman. He was expecting the samples I'd ordered for the laundry room yesterday and I was going to run over and pick them up so I could contemplate over the weekend and make my order Monday. They hadn't arrived by 4:00 p.m. I though c'est la vie. This morning they arrived on my doorstep!! I'm not sure if they redirected at UPS or what. The tile store is closed today, but I have my tile. Tres cool!

And they're SO PRETTY!! I keep turning on my desk light to see them sparkle.

It's Lundada Bay Tile, Sumi-e Izu Natural, translucent glass tiles in 1" squares and 1"x.5" mini-bricks. I don't know if I can keep myself from going nuts and rearranging the tiles to suit myself, but I found a colorway that I love. The colors are very marine: dark to light greens, pale aquas and skys, some almost clear. They have a rough surface (rather than polished) and sparkle. Oh, they sparkle!!

I was originally going to do a figurative mosaic on the wall above the washer, which is what one sees when the door is open, but never found the right tiles. And I LOVE these!

The layout is that there's a cabinet side right next to the sink, which will have about a foot of backsplash, and the sink is right next to the washer. They're enclosed in a niche made by a soffit above and the wall around the waterheater to the right. I can either just do the mosaic as delivered on the cabinet, behind the sink/washer, and behind the dryer (90 degrees from washer, next to other side of WH wall), as a stripe, which could look awesome, or just on the cabinet, then up to the soffit.

I'm really tempted to do it as a pattern up the wall. The larger tiles on the bottom, with the darker colors, and the mini bricks at the top, with the clear colors, and the mixed ones, both sizes mixed together in the middle. That'll add time from the tile setters and another week or more to the ever farther finish date, but it would look so amazing!!

Anyway, I just had to share. Happy 4th Everybody!

This picture, from the web, does not do them justice.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!