SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Family Room Progress - Sofas are here!

oldbat2be
10 years ago

A mere three months or so after ordering them... I have been so excited all week and terribly nervous as well about whether I'd like them but I'm just delighted. Boy are these comfortable, too!

Thank you for your help and advice when I was deciding on what to order. After deciding on the Hickory White sofa, I found a local showroom which had some HW and Sherrill pieces and was able to sit in them and determine what I liked. I learned that because I sit upright, I prefer a shorter seat, a tight back and a firm seat. My sofa has a 22" seat and DH's has a 24" seat.

Here's mine:

From Drop Box

DH's:

Love the fabrics (three altogether).

Mine has the three colors:

DH's sofa - Hickory White. For some reason they've discontinued this frame but I think I was told one could order through December.

My sofa is Sherrill Furniture model 2186 1/2. I ordered both from FurniturelandSouth, and specified Sherrill fabrics.

And just a reminder of how the room used to look... (I know, it looks cozy in hindsight but the low windows and roofline were claustrophobic).

Plenty more still to do but some fun progress! On to figuring out carpet (dark brown?), whether or not to do the built-ins flanking the window, figuring out the fireplace, sconces, add'l lighting, and of course, the TV...

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofas - original link

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 10:37

Comments (24)