SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolitis

granite- moving 72'' preformed countertops 3/4 inch thick

carolitis
11 years ago

I paid for some preformed,flat, uba-tuba granite counter tops from a building surplus store- no delivery available -72" by 25" pieces.For a rental(after being told matte laminate would be over $900 from big box store if on plywood not particle board).

I was informed after I paid for the granite that it could not be moved in our truck without an A frame leaning set up of some kind. There are no cut outs -sinks etc... in the granite, it is 3/4 " thick and boxed. Since we had been driving around with granite slabs in truck for a month with no breakage, (smaller but thicker),I was ignorant.I knew it would take several men- 3 or 4 men to lift and move this granite to be safe considering the weight-not that heavy.

Can these frames be rented or easily made, and how risky is it to move the granite several miles even if we do build, rent or borrow one of these frames?

I was ignorant, but now need to come up with a solution fast before my husband kills me(kidding),I do not usually make such mistakes, this was going to be a lower cost solution that would also look better.I had brought many blankets to put between etc...

Please advise and offer solutions or simple directions on how to make the A frame as store suggests, rent one, or generally the "how to" to get it there safely for a lady who goofed.Thanks a bunch! A now wiser Carolitis

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!