SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dilly_ny_gw

Show Me Your Beverage Center

dilly_ny
12 years ago

Hi,

We are planning a beverage center in our kitchen remodel and the beverage center will be placed between the fridge and a pantry cabinets (symetrical look) with built in mw. We would like the beverage center to have a furniture / hutch look and we were wondering whether the upper and lower cabinets should be the same depth or standard 12" uppers and 24" lower cabinets.

We plan to use the beverage center for wine & refreshments when entertaining as well as daily use for coffee / tea, making smoothies in a blender, and also vitamin storage. I am hoping that by moving these tasks out of my primary working area of the kitchen, it will keep us out of each others way (family of 4 - 2 parents / 2 girls ages 8 and 10)

Questions:

1) Can you show me your beverage center or built in hutch?

2) Do you think the upper and lower cabinets should be the same depth? 3)Should the beverage center be recessed back a bit from the fridge and pantry?

4) Do you think fridge water and ice will suffice for beverage center (prep sink would take away from hutch / furniture look we want to achieve)

Here's a picture of my beverage center layout:

I also linked to a draft of our the full layout for perspective of the room. This is for a kitchen extension. Any feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen layout

Comments (8)