SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

ordering plumbing fixtures in advance--would you?

kelleg69
15 years ago

I am building a house and have met with plumbing rep to pick out fixtures for the whole house. She says prices will be going up for at least one of the lines in 2 weeks. Also, she isn't sure when, but she believes prices will go up for other products too (like Blanco). Anyway, we have had some major setbacks in the build and probably won't be done until next summer. Would you order fixtures now to save the money? It will probably be a 6-8% price increase on things. We don't even have a foundation yet.

Also, would you go to the trouble to look online for these products and see if you could get them cheaper from another source? The plumbers say if I do that, they won't guarantee them and they won't fix them for free. I kind of think that might be a gamble I am willing to take.

I have a kitchen plan that is about 85% complete. I am not ordering anything really different or weird or custom. In the kitchen, I need a sink, a prep sink, the faucets and a potfiller. I think that is all the plumbing.

Thanks for your thoughts. I am really trying to keep within my original budget, so saving money (or not increasing the budget later) is an issue.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio