SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenfromknoxville

TileLab Sealer

karenfromknoxville
15 years ago

Hi,

Please be very careful (buyer beware!) or smarter then I was if you use or intend to use TileLab Sealer (sold at HD). My tile installer used it on my calcutta marble bathroom at the end of November. I just moved in this May so I have only been using the bathroom for a little over 2 months.

The bathroom floors and shower floor needs to be resealed already! I started to see dark gray spots on the floor and then did the water test. Sure enough there where dark gray spots where I had put the water. When I called TileLab technical Assistance because on the front of the product it says "20 year Guaranty" and that was why I recommended the product to the installer, I couldn't believe the person's response.

The TileLab technical assistance person said that the guaranty is for how good the product will be if kept in the container. It has nothing to do with the time between sealing. In fact he said, they recommend sealing every 6 months. Talk about misleading advertising! I never would have bought the product if I knew that then.

This is why I'm passing my poor experience with TileLab along. Don't make the same mistake I did with a bathroom that need to be resealed after only 2 and a half months. Use a better product or at least a product without deceptive advertising!

Karen

Comments (6)