SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larrylwill

How long do you wait befor giving up?

larrylwill
15 years ago

I hired a local to do my cabinets. (Looks like I have to eat some words.)He said 2 months before they would be started. He finished and installed 99% of them as scheduled. I was very happy and told him so.

There was one built in box and 2 doors that I wanted in an old oven cut out in a brick wall. He said he didn't want to build it until the granite was installed so he could get an accurate measurement.

The granite was installed last week of June, he came out and measure. Said he couldn't order the doors until July 5th. Asked for an extra $125 which he said he didn't include when I ordered the cabinets ( He did ). I'm also missing 3 pieces of molding 18ft. I called a week later and he brought over some window trim I paid extra for and said a couple more days. He was also supposed to bring the wall trim for the fridge, he didn't. I called a week later July 21, he said he was working on it and would install before the end of the week. I called Wed, Thu, Fri and got an answering machine, I left messages. He never called. I went to his shop and left a note that I was getting aggravated that he wouldn't return my calls or answer the phone and that I wanted my drawer back that he took to match color and that I didn't expect him to abandon the job but that I had to move on with this job, I can't finish the tile without the cabinet installed. The next morning the drawer was on the front porch.

I called him this Monday July 28 and got him. He was very mad at me for leaving the note and said his cell didn't work where he was and he didn't know how to retrieve messages off it, (even though he recorded a message on it) and didn't need the aggravation. I apologized and asked him what could we do from here. He said he would call Wed night. He didn't.

I'm out $125 and 18ft of molding 2 doors and the box for the doors.

Cabinets were installed 1st or 2nd week of June.

So the question is. How long do you put up with this before you give up and move on?

Opinions:

Comments (22)