SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parislove_gw

Backsplash around window help (already grouted!)

parislove
12 years ago

Hello!

My new husband & I are having a house built that should be ready for us to move into in a couple weeks. They just finished the kitchen backsplash and I am unsure what I think about it! I like most of it; however, I'm unsure about this area around the window.

I had tried to get something similar to this photo where the rectangle tiles around the window kind of frame the window.

I think my rectangle tile were bigger than the ones in the photo above so it doesn't really gave the same effect. Anyway, when I first saw it done, I didn't like it because it didn't look the way I envisioned. I thought it looked weird? But everyone else seems to like it... What do you think? I know gardenwebbers will give me their honest opinion!

Here are a couple of more photos. I really like the small square tiles around the window - I was thinking of maybe taking out the rectangle (3x6) and replacing all area around window with the 1x1 square (not the kitchen wall - just the area that is set back with the window.

Comments (11)