SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hestia_flames

Anyone try these trim kits?

hestia_flames
14 years ago

I was looking over at IkeaFans doing some research about built in microwaves (they often have some great retrofit ideas) - someone suggested a place that sells trim kits and also does custom trims. Has anyone had good luck with MicroTrim? My MIL now has her countertop microwave sitting in the untrimmed 2nd oven opening (above her oven) and it is pretty ugly - she has said that she wants to make it look better (the hole is quite a bit larger than the microwave) but I don't want to recommend this place unless I've seen some good reviews. Also, we have a 5 year old range that works just find, but for my next one I want to use a slide in (and am planning the backsplash with that in mind.) They sell a kit to cover the gap in back. Has anyone here tried that? We could always just cut some more butcher block instead, but I like the idea of a stainless kit with a stainless slide in.

Any experience with this place or with another place would be welcome. Also, if my MIL does get a kit, how does she "stablilize" her free standing microwave behind the trim so that it doesn't shift when opening and closing the door? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Trim Kits

Comments (4)