SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsf767

idea for pot/pan storage and opinion on my remodel in progress

dsf767
13 years ago

Hey everyone,

I have gotten a lot of great input from here already.

My small kitchen is starting to come together! but I have been trying to think of ways to come up with new pot/pan storage.

The kitchen before was the stand 1 wall design which sucked and my wife and I had no counter space and it was 70's style. Our sink gave way so we started this whole remodel!

In the kitchen before it was tight and closed in so we took down a wall and created a breakfast bar that opened up into the living room. my contractor is finishing up the wall today and it looks great so much more open!

The only problem is that before on that wall we had a hanging pot rack. but now that we turned the kitchen into an L design and opened up the kitchen with taking down half that wall you cant put the pot rack back.

We added a ton more cabinets so we were just going to be keeping them in maybe the super susan however the other day I started to kick around the idea of instead of having the pot rack we just put hooks over the breakfast bar and hang the pots there.

The contractor said he could run a beam in between the studs above so we could put a bunch of hooks there to do it if we wanted.

Here is a picture:

This is the wall that is now open and those cabinets were never there. When I get home I will take a more current picture and show the half wall but this is the wall where it used to be.

And for some more eye candy here are some more pics of the before and after in progress.

I know its not as elaborate as some of your kitchens but my wife and I are a young couple who just got married and bought our condo a year ago. All in all when is done I think it cost around $8000 which isn't bad in my book.

Before:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

After (In Progess)

Our custom semi hopscotch floor which I am in love with:

Comments (14)