SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macybaby_gw

If I see another white kitchen

macybaby
13 years ago

I am going to cry!

I had dreamed of a white kitchen for years, but in the final stages my DH wore me down and I gave in to having dark oak stained cabinets on the two opposing walls - the sink wall and the cooktop wall. The back wall and islands were still going to be white.

We got as far as getting the boxes built and installed and I just don't like it! I've got no enthusiasm to coninue with the project so my kitchen has sat with no drawer fronts, doors or side panels. At least it IS functional . . .

I keep looking at my kitchen and telling myself "I'm OK" and then someone posts another beautiful white kitchen, and my heart bleeds.

I've had a heart to heart talk with DH, and he has said he'll be OK if I switch to painted cabinets. At this stage it is only the face frames that will need to be sanded down and painted, as nothing else is finished yet. It is going to be more work doing this now that the boxes are on the walls, but it may be worth it.

But then a small inner voice says "what if once I paint them, I decide dark was better after all". Once painted - there will be no going back.

Maybe I should just stay out of the kitchen and play in my garden for a month or two . . .

Cathy

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!