SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

cat tiles/ cat paw tiles ????

melissastar
11 years ago

A friend is struggling with a planned renovation of her small apartment kitchen. She's not into design and decorating and feels overwhelmed and doesn't seem to have any strong sense of what she wants, except to say "simple, cute, fresh". Generally, her taste runs to the traditional, (more than a little kitsch, and is budget oriented.) She has already ordered a medium stained maple raised panel cabinet, and seems to be leaning toward corian for countertop. But lighting, backsplash, floor and wall color are all still wide open.

The ONE design feature she seems to interest her is finding backsplash tile that reminds her of her love for cats. She has, I think, two or three, and is heavily involved with local cat rescue efforts.

So, anyone seen any not too kitschy cat or cat paw print tiles that could serve as a jumping off point for what to do with the rest of the kitchen? I've offered to help, but can't get her to focus on an overall look instead of picking out individual elements she likes. So, I'm thinking if I can find some cat tiles and do a few mood boards based on them...we might find a winner.

Thanks!

Comments (19)