SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hestia_flames

Danby Marble Remnants in MA? Cost?

hestia_flames
14 years ago

Hi all,

I am considering a change in my baking area to include a bit of Vermont Imperial Danby Marble (mostly because of the great comments that I have heard here) - I have two areas/levels, one which will require a 29 x 37 inch slab, and another which requires a 26 x 13 inch slab. Does anyone know if remnants of this stone are sold around Boston? I'll travel 3 hours both directions. About how much do remants cost? Has anyone nearby (150 miles of Boston) used this stone who would know of a fabricator who may have remnants? I can template. Thank you!

ps, While I like the way it is coming together, I have compromised on most everything, because of finances. I gave up on the soapstone and do like my butcher block, but I really want this one thing - marble in my baking area. (I am pouting and stamping my feet!) The measurement equals less than 10 square feet. Do you think that I can get these sizes fabricated from remnants for under $500? I know that I can convince my dh with that price, if I remind him of all that I have compromised on. Fingers crossed!

Hestia

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone