SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Floor nightmare update

tigger
14 years ago

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give those of you who are familiar with my floor nightmare an update. We just had a second company completely refinish the floors after the first screwed them up and they finished everything yesterday (other than installing shoe molding after the baseboards are painted). We are happy with the results for the most part and it's definitely 100 percent better than the first company. The main issues this time was the fact that the floors are getting thin, so we will never be able to totally refinish them again. Anyway, here's a photo of the results in the kitchen/dining area. The entire house is a wreck after dealing with this for 6 weeks, so I'll post more photos once it's back into some semblance of order. Although at this point, I'm wondering if I'll EVER get it clean and dust-free (imagine the dust after having floors redone not just once but twice!). And hopefully we'll have a functioning kitchen soon, but I'm not holding my breath, as our contractor leaves a lot to be desired also. So...here it is:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)