SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

My kitchen isn't even demo'd and I have my first major snag!

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

I am doing my kitchen and the adjacent mudroom. The kitchen cabinets are by deWils (already on order, due in within 2 weeks) and the mudroom cabinets were to be site-built by a cabinetmaker who works with my GC a lot. The plan was to have him match the style and stain finish of the deWils. I chose not to have deWils do the mudroom cabinets because the lockers then look like cabinets without doors and that was not the look I was going for...plus it was very expensive!

So yesterday I learned that the cabinet maker has basically lost it and might be shutting down his business. He is way overcommitted and can't deliver on 7 different jobs for my GC alone. My whole plan depends on him or another custom cabinetmaker because I need these to match. There aren't a lot of guys here locally who do true frameless, full overlay cabinets.

So at this point, what do we do? First, we pray for him because his mental condition is a lot more important than my cabinets. Next, we look for someone else who can deliver. We take deep breaths and try to stay calm and keep this in perspective because it *IS* just cabinetry and not a bomb or schizophrenia or even a root canal. We try to remember that with enough time, we'll be able to find what we need. What am I forgetting? What else helps with the snafus rear their ugly heads?

Anita

Comments (2)