SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelvar

Please! Need granite recommendations for our kitchen

kelvar
14 years ago

The cabinets will be a maple Whisky Black - think bourbon brown - deeper than a coffee glaze with a golder tone. The island will be a black heirloomed/rubbed island. The rubbing/backsanded areas on the island will be reddish (hope that makes sense).

It's an interior kitchen with no windows. Light sources are from surrounding rooms (breakfast nook, great room, etc.). I'm hesitant to use a black granite (although I like the look) due to the light issue in the room - I think it will pull what light there is in the room and make it appear even darker than it already is. Any recommendations on a granite that will be more brown with some black and not too orangey? Too much orange-ish coloring will pull what I call the orange/gold tones out of the wood. I want to pull the browns out of the wood. I wanted a carmel/blackish combination but haven't been too successful so far. Not sure whether to do the perimeter and island in one granite color or do the island in a separate color. I do like some movement to the granite, but nothing too crazy. Any help/suggestions you can give me will be very appreciated. So far, what I've liked is Geriba Gold and Nepson Gold but I'm not sold on them. I also loved Virginia Mist, but that didn't blend well at all (plus it's back to the light in the room issue). Someone please point me in the right direction.

Comments (2)