SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twobelles

Lovely lacanche and overall design

TwoBelles
9 years ago

So, after a tremendous amount of research, I've decided to go with a Lacanche range in our new build. I'm torn between two seemingly different choices. The first is the Citeaux in corail blue (essentially a Tiffany blue); the second is the Sully 2200 in matte black. As we are going for a soft vintage vibe, I'm planning to do brass and stainless trim.

We are building a coastal style home. The kitchen can easily accommodate either size, but we are at the point in design when I must choose one and stick with it to complete the other elements. My other design choices will be white cabs, honed Danby marble, and a pickled/lightly white-washed white oak flooring. Walls will probably be a soft yellow toned ivory. (Think eggnog in color...)
The honest truth is that I'd like to choose the larger Sully in the corail blue, but my concern is that it will be too much color. Will I regret it in five years? But the color makes me smile. Of note, it's been my favorite color since I was a teenager..... Which has been a while ago!

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

This post was edited by twobelles on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 10:29

Comments (14)