SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alwaysfixin_gw

Pull Size for Narrow Pull-out Pantry

alwaysfixin
13 years ago

I cannot figure out what should be the size for the pull/handle for a narrow pull-out pantry. I can picture more easily the handle sizes for our drawers and cabinets, but the narrow vertical pull-out is stumping me.

Our kitchen is small. The pull-out cabinet is 15" wide by 62" tall, and stacked on top of that is another cabinet 15" wide x 28" tall. So the two cabinets will each have a vertical handle/pull, one above the other. The cabinet doors are shaker in cherry. The handles' finish will likely be stainless steel or some silvery-color like that. The kitchen is neither contemporary nor traditional, but a "neutral" style, perhaps leaning a bit towards the contemporary end. So, handles like, e.g., the Subzero fridge handles would be too modern. At the same time, we want something clean-lined like that, yet not so contemporary.

So, how do you size vertical pulls for pull-out pantry cabinets? Is there a rule of thumb? Since the cabinet is tall, the handle has to have some length to it, but since it is narrow, the handle can't be too bulky. Any advice, pictures, brand names, would be appreciated!

Comments (3)