SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qwertynyc_gw

Please help with backsplash options - Thank you!

qwertynyc
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are near kitchen installation but have not decided on our backsplash option yet. We would greatly appreciate the GardenWeb community's assistance! I've attached a mockup of our kitchen, but here's our situation:

1. We are installing a modern minimalist kitchen - High Gloss White Cabinets, Pure White Ceasarstone, push to open cabinets and drawers.
2. We have about 30" between the countertop and bottom of upper cabinets.
3. The wall cabinets end mid wall on the left side. So there is a 30"x83" area that we would potentially backsplash.

Options we were thinking of were:
A. Do a light grey Venetian Plaster/ waterproof cement/stucco look on the entire wall that the kitchen is on.

B. User a 4" pure white ceasarstone "splash guard" if sorts, since there will be no cooking on that run of the kitchen, just a sink. Though would this look too old fashioned?

C. Tile just up to the end of the cabinets (though I never like when tiles end mid wall.. not a fan of that metal edging, or bullnose)

D. Use 4 Large tiles to match the size of the 4 upper cabients.

C. White back painted glass (but we've ruled this out - too much glare in my opinion)

We're totally open to other suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read this and share your thoughts!

Jay

Comments (9)