SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janeway452

Experiences with stainless steel subway tile backsplash?

janeway452
9 years ago

I was in Lowe's the other day and decided to stroll through the tile department when I spotted their Stainless Steel Metal Mosaic Subway tiles. I've been working to complete my kitchen. I replaced my counter top with granite, painted my cabinets a taupe that matches the color in the granite, will paint the top cabinets a dark grey, the walls a light grey, woodwork white, and stainless steel appliances. I loved by subway tile backsplash until the re-do, but wasn't thinking of changing it--until I spotted these stainless steel subway tiles. I love them! I brought one home (big mistake opening it because I didn't realize it would be so floppy and hard to prop up). I think it would really look great with the greys, the granite and stainless appliances. I'm thinking grey grout and gray outlet covers.

Has anyone installed these? Any trouble with installing? Cutting around outlet covers? What did you do with the top that doesn't meet the bottom of the top cabinet? Lastly, what is it like living with them? Cleaning, etc? Can they look too shiny?

Comments (11)