SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Upper cabinet storage/pull out - WWYD?

oldbat2be
11 years ago

In our mud room, I installed a 25" deep upper cabinet. Goal was for storage for the misc. things which we use / carry in and out of the house. Hats, gloves, coats, sports equipment, dog leash.... Typically though, it's held paint cans, painting equipment, various tools.... and CLUTTER. It's too deep for me to reach into as well, so things end up along the front of the shelves.

I was thinking of putting some sort of deep pull outs, with doors on the front, and wire shelves, to take advantage of the deep space (and also to tidy up the area).

Lower cabinet is meant to hold two hockey bags, and space on the left is for lax/hockey etc. sticks.

We have two Rev-A-Shelf pullouts in the kitchen but honestly, I find them sort of jerky feeling (as compared to the Blum hardware on our other drawers). Is there a multi tiered unit I can mount on Blum drawer glides?

What are your thoughts for the area? After I pick the backsplash (pantry adjoins the mud room), we'll tile the floor and adjacent room. But aside from that, I have no ideas; just know it needs a lot. Note there are three doorways - door is to the garage, one doorway to the pantry and then kitchen, other doorway into the fireroom/dogroom.

As always, your thoughts, suggestions and advice very much appreciated. Best, oldbat2be

From the pantry looking in:

Left corner for hockey sticks

From fireroom/dogroom looking towards garage door:

Same view, looking to the right at pantry door:

Ack! Please ignore the mess. (Anyone want a hafele trash pullout? I didn't like these either). Looking into the fireroom/dogroom:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022