SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
postquake_angela

Placement of Air Switch, Air Gap, spray and soap dispenser

postquake_angela
12 years ago

Yeah, that's a lot of extra things. My sink's a big 'un, 38" wide, hopefully it can handle it. The faucet goes in the middle, and 4 other things on scattered around it.

So...which two on the left side and which two on the right? The dishwasher is on the left, and the stove is off to the right.

-Part of me wants the air gap and air switch together, so the air switch get soap or water dripped all over it.

-Function says the left side of the sink will be washing dishes & the right will be more prep: so the soap and air gap on the left and spray and air switch on the right.

-Aesthetics seem to dictate the taller things (spray and soap) going furthest out in the corners, with the air gap and switch closer to the faucet. The corners aren't big enough to stuff everything in there.

Sink is barely fitting into the cabinet width-wise, so there's not much room on the sides. However, there's a lot of room in the back (4.5") so maybe stuff gets spread around the back.

What do you think? Any ideas/preferences/experiences are much appreciated, since this isn't the kind of conversation I can have with my husband or friends:)

Here is my sink:

Comments (4)