SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Please Post Pics of your 5' Wide Floors or 3.25' Wide Floors

susanlynn2012
14 years ago

I am going to cross post this to the Decorating Forum and the Flooring Forum since I need to order the floors in the next few days while their is such a great sale.

Please post pics of your 5" wide hardwood floors (or laminate floors) or 3.25" wide hardwood floors (or laminate floors) to help me make a decision.

I was so sure I was going with 3.25" wide planks since individual 5" wide planks look so wide to me but that is because I am looking at one long board and not may clicked together.

I still wish the BR-111 Brazilian Engineered Triangulo hardwood floors that I am ready to buy now would come in 4" wide boards since 5" wide looks so wide to me but I do like how more of the grain shows and that the boards are longer. I just wonder if the 3.25" wide boards would look nicer with the Brazilian Cherry wood floors for more color variation or is there enough color variation in the wider boards with less seams?

Maybe once the floor is down they will not look so wide? An installer brought a sample in of wide boards in Santos Mahogany with many pieces connected and it was beautiful. But that extra cost is why I am going with the Brazilian Cherry but I then started to wonder if I should be going with the wider thicker board.

By the way, my three rooms are a total of only 573 sq. ft so the rooms are not that big and are only 12 feet 3 inches wide. Two of the rooms have normal ceiling heights while only the family room has a cathedral ceiling.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!