SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newsouthernbelle_gw

She's done - backsplash, grout and ALL! Grey and White Kitchen

NewSouthernBelle
11 years ago

First, thank you GWers for all your help. I know I have a better kitchen b/c of this forum. I hope I can give back to the next wave of renovators b/c I was definitely helped and encouraged along the way.

The majority of the kitchen remodel was completed at the end of March (It only took 5 months total - I was planning on 6 months) but getting the focal point tiles for behind my cooktop was an ordeal so the backsplash went up last Saturday and they grouted yesterday! That was the last thing so I am ready to post pictures. (Well now that I think about it, I'm still waiting for the bar stools and keeping room couch to be delivered but I am really hoping any day now.)

You can see "original" before pictures and the before but painted pictures by clicking the link below but since we took down the wall the sink was originally on and added 14' x 16', it's hard to even decipher how the before and after pictures relate. If you are curious though, the old breakfast room became the keeping room and the weird jut between the cooktop wall and the microwave all is where the original exterior wall came down.

Keeping Room - couch will go on left wall (duh) and 4 dark brown leather chairs will be at the island.

The island is basically the size of a small ship so I feel like the captain at the helm when I am at the sink.

Storage on the backside of the island.

My side of the island - I prep in front of the 3-stack and my knives are in the top of the 4-stack of drawers. My cutting boards are in a 3'' opening between the stacks of drawers - so convenient!

The main part of my backsplash tile that I feel in love with a year ago. It was my "heart sing" tile.

Colonial Dream or Colonial Cream granite. I also fell hard for this too.

Pop-up outlet by Mockett - learn about it on GW of course!

Porcelain Floor Tile by Casa Dolce Casa in Velvet Ecru - 24'' x 24''. I love that it is warm but still has grey in it to match the island and backsplash.

Bar and ice maker:

Across from the bar is the Pantry with Elfa shelving from Container Store. Oh and the Breville oven we couldn't have lived without during the remodel and temporary kitchen set up:

The Details and some more commentary:

Granite - Colonial Dream (sometimes called Colonial Cream)

Cabinets - Maple, frameless made by GC. He outsources the doors though - raised panel with a certain edge profile and panel profile I picked.

Wooden Hood - made by my GC

Hood Liner - 42'' Vent-a-hood with two blowers

Perimeter Cabinet Color - Sherwin Williams Dover White

Island Cabinet Color - a custom stain made by the cabinet door people

Island Dimensions - 10' 2'' by 5' 2'' big side and narrows along a curve to 33'' on the small side. (It's BIG but I love it. No regrets at all. When I'm at the sink, I am like a captain at the helm)

Hardware - Maker: Top Knobs Nouveau III Collection, Hidra M1128, Finish: brushed nickel, smaller ones ctc 3 3/4, larger ones M1131 ctc 5 1/16th

Floor - 24'' x 24'', Casa Dolce Casa in Velvet Ecru

Recessed Lights - CREE 5'' LED light - so AWESOME - we just love them!

Under Cabinet Lights - LED light bars from Envirnomental Lights.com but I am not sure exactly what ones we got. This is one of only three decisions the DH had to make.

Pendant lights - classic, mercury glass from RedBarnMercantile.com (can find them lots of places though)

Wall Color - BM Colorado Gray (looks more blue in the pictures than it is - IRL it's more subtle and grey)

Keeping Room Color - BM Plymouth Rock (a great warm grey)

Blanco Silgranit sink in Biscotti - 1 and 3/4 bowl (love Blanco silgranit - maybe not the small second bowl though)

Kohler Forte Faucet with side sprayer (my old side sprayer was better, so I'm a little disappointed/frustrated)

Soap Dispenser - Delta Faucet RP50781SS Gala, Soap/Lotion Dispenser Assembly, Stainless off Amazon

Appliances:

KitchenAid DW - stainless steel 60's model

Samsung Fridge (already had it)

KitchenAid Convention Oven

KitchenAid warming drawer with wood panel (it's in the middle under the cooktop)

DCS 5-burner gas cooktop (pretty awesome, especially for the price)

Microwave/Speed Oven - GE Advantium (I really like it, although my husband doesn't like how loud the fan is)

Backsplash

Grey Subways - Sonoma Tilemakers, 2 x 3 grey flannel (4x4's on the bottom row)

Crackle Class - Sonoma Tilemakers, silvers solo in pewter

Behind the cooktop - AlysEdwards Casanova Frieze (such an ordeal - love the tile but wouldn't recommend ordering this tile from them. Two of the three colors were wrong originally and they had to use tiles from other manufacturers to fulfill my order!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Before Kitchen (we painted the dark wood and lived in a green kitchen for 6 years)

Comments (30)