SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgolby_gw

Please critique my kitchen layout

kgolby
13 years ago

I have uploaded images of my existing kitchen along w/ renderings of a kitchen designed by a local kitchen company. There isn't any changes to the structure except for removing the coat closet where the file cabinet & picture ledges are currently and extending the island on right side (dishwasher side) enough to incorporate 3 drawers. Other than that nothing is changing with the existing walls. I would very much like to hear comments about the design. Also, I would ask for opinions on the estimate I received.

I've chosen Wellborn Monterey Maple series w/ Vanilla Slate finish. The upgrades I've chosen are:

1. Light rail on upper cabinets

2. Oversized crown molding on upper cabs.

3. The other side of island will be clad in matching wood veneer w/ judges panels, 4 matching corbels to support granite, and base furniture molding.

4. Lower cabinets have pull out shelves

5. Trash can receptacle

6. Spice pull out drawers w/ decorative splintz (sp??) on either side of oven.

As of now, we are keeping existing appliances (that may change before starting remodel). If I left out any descriptions you may need I'll provide the information.

The initial quote for cabinets includes all demoing of current cabinets & counters, disposal & installation of new cabinets is $23,388.00. This is my first quote so I don't know if this is fair or overpriced.

Thank you for any advice given in advance. I know this is time consuming and I truly appreciate anyone who looks at my pictures and takes the time to give me their opinions.

Here is a link that might be useful: kgolby's kitchen

Comments (13)