SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalalisa123_gw

Should I reject my countertops - please help!

lalalisa123
10 years ago

Hello!
I fell in love with White Macabaus Quartzite during my kitchen reno and was so excited about them being installed. Installation day turned out to be super stressful though because 2 of the 3 pieces were cut incorrectly. Here's a run down of the main problems (there are about 10 but here are the big ones)....
1. Because of the incorrect cut we've had to slide the sink slab piece over and we will try to cover that gap with a backsplash, our faucet now needs shifted over by drilling a bigger hole.

2. The slabs next to the cooktop where they planned to do a Bridge were cut incorrectly.

3. Now that they've come out and tried to fix our issues we just don't like the seams for the bridge. First of all they picked a piece with a ton of veining on one end and it just doesn't match up. I'll post a picture of this seam....

**Also, when they came out to try to "fix" things they scratched out countertop while drilling my airswitch hole and didn't even tell me. UGH! (had them come out and buff it out)

BC of all of the problems we told them we need to think it over and have not accepted the stone (they do have our deposit though).

At what point do we say this is unacceptable and send it all back? We feel as though we've gone to GREAT lengths to try to come up with solutions for the numerous problems. We are feeling run down by the entire process and aren't sure what to do.
Thanks!

Here's a picture of the seam I'm most worried about.... All of the color on the edge of the countertop is Epoxy that they died to try to look like a vein. What do you think??

Comments (10)