SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jnh004_gw

Design Advice Needed - Pairing new base cabinets w/existing upper

jnh004
12 years ago

Hello! So we have finally decided what we are going to do to the layout of our kitchen, now onto the details! And I need help! We are reusing the upper cabinets we already have, we are just moving them and rearranging them with the expansion of our kitchen. But we need to get all new base cabinets. I have decided on Typhoon Green granite. I want black base cabinets and then we are going to have our upper cabinets painted either a cream or a shade of green.

So here are my questions, should I try to mimic the design on our current cabinet door in the new cabinet door or should we get a more simple rectangular design on our new cabinet doors? Pictures would be great!!

And does anyone have green paint colors that are suitable for cabinets?

TIA!

In case it helps to know, we are blowing out the wall that the stove is on. Behind that wall is a nook of wasted space in our garage. And there is already a set of windows with a view to the water. (It seems crazy that the house wasn't built that way to begin with) Then we are moving the wall that the dishwasher is on out two feet into the garage. The new wall will be 153inches long. We will still keep a peninsula with our sink in it but will have it on a 90 degree angle. All of our cabinets with our range will be on the long wall. What you can't see in the picture is the wall opposite that long wall which has a set of upper and lower cabinets, which we are keeping both (unless after it is all said and done we blow out the top half, but I can't commit to that until I see it) and our refrigerator.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!