SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccfuss07

Sealer for white granite?

ccfuss07
10 years ago

I just had my countertops installed- white river granite- and they are beautiful, but I'm not too impressed with the sealer. The fabricator did one coat of Miracleseal 511 Impregnator and then told me not to put anything oily on top and that it would stain with red wine, etc. Obviously this is information I would have liked to know before I put this in my house with three kids! They advised a second coat of the Miracle Porous Plus for better protection. Anyway, from what I've read the Porous Plus product is more suitable for stuff like limestone and may just end up all sticky on my counter. I tested the counters by dropping some water on it and it beaded up so it doesn't seem porous. I also got a smudge of oily dressing on it and it left a dark spot, which did dry out by the next day.

Should I just do another coat or two of the Impregnator? Try the Porous Plus or go with another product like the DuPont Bullet Proof. I picked this over marble because I didn't want to be worried about my stone, and now I am afraid to use my counters. Help!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH